Wednesday, March 13, 2013


Iconic Chairs of the 20th Century

My love for interior design has united once again with my new found love for graphic design.  This can be seen in my chair designs that I have created for my Etsy store.  Over the next few days I will give you a little bit of history behind the chairs that I have chosen to draw. 

The Molded Plastic Chair

Designed by Charles and Ray Eames, these molded plastic chairs were the first industrially manufactured plastic chairs of their kind.  Their clean, simple forms cradle the body.  Still popular today, here is my take on these wonderful iconic chairs!



 The Wire Chair

The Wire Chair was designed by Charles and Ray Eames in 1951.  An immediate success, the wire chair has stood the test of time and is as popular today as it was half a century ago.  Here is my take on this mid-century modern chair!

Until next time...



No comments: