Saturday, June 8, 2013

How to Decoupage (continued)

I couldn't find a stand for my mannequin that I decoupaged last week so I ordered a dress form and a stand from amazon.com.  Here's what the mannequin looked like when I received it.


What I liked about it (besides the price - it was only $70) was the stand.  The dress form was padded and covered.  I removed the fabric.  The foam was glued down so it was difficult to remove in some places.  I used a sanding block to remove the foam that was stuck to the form. The body was fiberglass which was not difficult to decoupage.  However, looking back I should have given her a coat of spray primer.


 
 
And here is the finished project:
 
 
 
Once again, the graphics are from The Graphics Fairy.
 
What do you think?  I think I'm done with mannequins for a while! Although I still have to think of something to do with the first one.  Maybe a lamp... :)
 
Until next time...
 
 
Post a Comment