Monday, August 11, 2014

Artist Spotlight Designs by DME

Welcome to this week's edition of Artist Spotlight.  Our artist this week is Donna Marie of Designs by DME.  Donna Marie creates beautiful wedding bouquets. 


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

My name is Donna Marie. I've been a floral artist/designer for 30+ years. I design and make custom artificial wedding bouquets, corsages and many other floral items. I love to work close together with people and make something special for them.

 
How did you get your start?

I started out with painting and sculpting as a student and took many classes at the Institute Of Art in Cleveland. I then worked at a flower shop and discovered that I could paint with flowers. I took my career to the top and traveled around the United States learning from the best designers and then traveled and taught floral design for many years. I have worked for many floral shops over the years and here I am 30 years later with my very own Etsy Shop. I also work at a local florist part time. I still love my job!

 
Where do you get your inspiration?

I have always been inspired by being unique. I love all different textures, colors, shapes and materials. Art is amazing!

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

I would have to say that joining teams and social media has made my shop a success.

 
Where do you get your inspiration?

I have always been inspired by being unique. I love all different textures, colors, shapes and materials. Art is amazing!

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

I would have to say that joining teams and social media has made my shop a success.  In addition, I won designer of the year for the state of Ohio in 1990 and I won third place in a world wide contest for FTD magazine.  I was thrilled to be featured in their magazine. I'm also honored to be a member of The American Institute of Floral Designers since 1990.

 

What challenges do you face selling online?
Learning how to use my computer more creative. I can't believe how much I have learned in a short time so far. But everyday there seems to be something new to learn.

What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Believe in yourself and don't give up! Put your heart and soul into it. You have a talent and the world needs to see it. Ask questions so you can learn and join teams on Etsy. I have made some amazing friends on Etsy. Promote yourself all the time.

 
Want to see more of Donna Marie?
 
 
 
Thanks  Donna Marie for sharing your story and your beautiful bouquets with us.  Next week we'll select another Etsy artist to spotlight.  If you are interested please contact Zoica or myself via Etsy convo.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 


 
 

No comments: