Monday, April 6, 2015

Artist Showcase - Musiu Muse

Welcome to this week's Artist Showcase.  This week's artist is Kotryna Zvirble from Musiu Muse. Kotryna is from Lithuania and her unique items include wool felt slippers, felted baby booties, and felted jewelry made of pure wool. Here is Kotryna's story...


How Did You Get Your Start?

I started felting because I wanted to make some cute handmade Christmas presents for my family. I have found new felting friends and we shared experiences about technique and materials. Felt making became a serious hobby. I got lots of compliments for my work. I named my shop "musiu-muse" (musių-musė in Lithuanian). Musių-musė is more a creative pseudonym than brand, but probably it will become. The meaning of words selection is the fly of flies and look similar to muse. So I am a little more creative than ordinary flies.


Where do you get my inspiration?

Family I guess. I have grown up in creative family. Drawing and colors, and other crafts... and also special crazy creative projects always were around us. I saw impossible is nothing if you want to see your idea realized. Now I get a lot of support from my husband. He is creative too.


What challenges do you face selling online?

I have contradictory experience selling online. On one hand, there is a world of possibilities because of internet. I feel it especially because I live in small country with still growing economy in EU and our citizens are not so mad to buy "no-name" hand made product. So internet, Etsy, online payment systems opens big possibilities. On the other hand, we live in the times of social networks. Social networking management drives crazy. It is big task to be seen actually, to make your circle as big as possible, to find a special way to be better than others.


What advice do you have for someone starting out on Etsy?

My advice for someone who is beginner at Etsy would be: make good quality product, do beautiful photos, write down all tags carefully and think global... :) Be brave and original. Being original is important. Oh and patient. Do not forget that Etsy is ever changing, You must react in these changes. And be kind to your customers, talk to them if they want, discus postal problems and other daily things. Etsy is live down-town market full of life 24 hours per day. It is not just simply e-shop.

 
Thanks for sharing your story with us.  Want to see more of Kotryna?  Check out her Blog, FB Page, or follow her on Instagram.
 
Next week we'll feature another Etsy artist.  If you would like to be considered, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 
 

No comments: