Monday, June 1, 2015

Artist Showcase - Bits N Pieces Events

Welcome to this week's artist showcase.  Our featured artist is Donna from Bits N Pieces Events.  Donna designs beautiful invitations and announcements.  Here is one of her beautiful Instagram Wedding Signs:


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

My business is invitations and announcements for all of life's happenings! I am currently expanding my business to offer not only DIY Invites, but also printing services, coordinating party decor and apparel (say whaaat!).


 How did you get your start?

Family! It started off from my first baby shower invitations and was topped off by my son's first birthday party. And once everyone saw what I could do, I became the go-to person and loved every second of it. :)


 Where do you get your inspiration?

Honestly, my kids are true inspiration along with my whole entire family! It's their interest I feed off of. They spark an idea and then I dwell on it configuring the design out in my head and I literally dream about it until I'm happy with my idea and then sit down and make it happen.


 What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

Although, its rather a small one and kinda not-so glam, but I was pretty darn proud to be making some international sales!


 What challenges do you face selling online?

There is such a HUGE amount of competitors in my area! Making myself known in the world called the Internet isn't such a problem with all the social media. It is... and I'm going to say what every one in my business area wants to say-- those of you who are crafty! Haha! But seriously Pinterest is my BFF or my greatest foe since it serves as an idea/inspiration mecca to all. People like so they pin and try to recreate themselves (which I am guilty of myself), but it really puts me in the happiest of places to see my listings pinned all over!


 What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Be sure you love what you are selling and be prepared to spend a decent amount of time online doing your research! Etsy has consumed my life and I adore it. It takes time to create that perfect title and perfect tags along with the perfect thumbnail photo. It could become a daunting task spending all that time and researching in order to create a listing that is easy for everyone to find and to like what they see. But those are the key ingredients to get those views! And ya know what? More views= More sales! --Your main goal! Therefore, if your not really into what you are selling or have a certain passion for it or even seriousness for it then chances are you won't be willing to put forth that extra time to create that perfect listing. So then it becomes a waste of time. Yea, I know... truth hurts. 

So if you are looking for some creative initiations or cards, be sure to check out Bits N Pieces Events. You're sure to find something you like!

Thanks Donna for sharing your story with us.  Next week we'll select another Etsy artist to feature.  If you would like to be considered, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,


No comments: