Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DIY Scrapbook Paper Wall Art


   Hi everyone! This Wednesday I am going to share another DIY project with you, one that does not  require any Adobe skills, just some scrapbook paper, glue, and a frame. I bought multiple 12x12 sheets of scrapbook paper designs from Michaels thinking that I am going to make something out of them, but not sure what. I got them on sale so they did not cost me much. I already had a frame, but if you need to buy one, I would suggest a contemporary style with a mat ( mount) inside.

   I settled on a paper that resembled burlap fabric with printed words like "love" on it, and another one that had a collage of clocks layered over printed pages. Very suggestive!
I found some heart shapes online, printed them out, and used them as patterns to cut out the burlap fabric like print. I positioned them such I could get the word "love" in all of them.


I positioned the hearts in place.


   I had to reinforce the background paper by gluing it to a card-stock paper. After it dried, I glued the hearts in place. Here is the final piece!



    I hope this project inspires you to go and make your own. You can use blue background colors for a baby boy's room and pinks for a baby girl's room. You can line up small hearts in three perfect rows and four columns.
   Let me know what you think!


No comments: