Monday, January 13, 2014

Artist Spotlight - Cindy Brockway


Welcome to another edition of Artist Spotlight. This week’s artist is Cindy Brockway.  Her shop is called Pine Branch Designs.  Cindy’s designs include Magnetic Therapy, Nature Inspired Decor, Soap Dishes.  Here is one of Cindy’s beautiful items:


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business
After more than 20 years in the classroom, I still love working with children every day! My students (most with moderate to significant disabilities) motivate me to embrace life's little treasures! In this quest, I have cultivated my creative side and defined my personal goals as an artisan and entrepreneur! I am growing an online business and am very active in our local Outdoor Market as well as area Art Shows, where handmade & homegrown supports old friends and forges new relationships!
 

How did you get your start?

In an effort to design effective and fashionable therapy jewelry for my mom (who suffers from rheumatoid arthritis), I began researching the concept of magnetic energy. This research led me to conceptualize a line of Triple Power Magnetic Jewelry with a "twist"! My pieces are unique and engaging with designs ranging from bold and sophisticated to classic and simple.



Where do you get your inspiration?
My professional inspiration comes from the overwhelming response I get from customers regarding my jewelry. They are intrigued by the concept of using magnetic energy to address health issues! Additionally, they swoon over the beauty and strength of each piece. Who wouldn't be inspired to keep going?

My personal inspiration comes in small, simple things~ a quiet walk, an exciting "teachable moment" in my classroom, a phrase from God's Word!



What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

My success is more formative in nature. Each customer who shares their story regarding the relief they experience from wearing my therapy jewelry reinforces and energizes my passion for creating each piece!

What challenges do you face selling online?

With the help of some key professional colleagues, I am realizing that getting found online requires efficient "branding" for your business, an extensive marketing plan, and LOADS of time!

What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Reach Out!!! In my personal experience, Etsy is a marketplace where networking, collaborating, and offering support to other artisans is paramount to successful!

I love making Etsy TREASURIES, sharing other shops on PINTEREST, and utilizing social media!

Here are some links related to Cindy's shop:
My newsletter!
tinyletter.com/Pine-branch-designs
My FB!
www.facebook.com/PineBranchDesigns
My Pinterest!
www.pinterest.com/pineb/
 

Thank  you Cindy for sharing your interesting story with us.  It's always great to learn how others got their start and what inspires them, don't you think?

that wraps up another edition of Artist Spotlight.  We try and run this column every Monday and we’re always looking for artists to spotlight.  So if you are interested or know someone that we’d enjoy reading about please pass on the information.

Thanks for stopping by,

Until next time…

No comments: