Monday, July 14, 2014

Artist Spotlight - Funky Box Studio

Welcome to another edition of Artist Spotlight.  This week's artist is Andreea Radu from Funky Box Studio.  Here is one of Andreea's beautiful items:


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

I am Andreea and along with my husband we create paper and card stock supplies: boxes of various shapes and sizes, envelopes, tags, coasters, various die cuts, table numbers and more.

Die Cut Hearts - use for confetti, display cards, scrapbooking,
wedding decorations, gift tags

How did you get your start?

My husband and I have been thinking of doing something on our own for quite some time; something challenging and something that we're good at.  So we decided to buy a die cutting machine and start working locally offering die cutting services. I admit I was skeptical at first, but as soon as I saw what she can do (yes, I decided the machinery is a girl, I gave her a name, welcomed her into the family and everything), I fell in love. There are so many paper and cardboard/card stock products that wouldn't exist if it wasn't for her! Therefore, we decided actually selling the products she can do, so our Funky Box Studio came to life!


 Where do you get your inspiration?

The creative part is more related to the table numbers section. The boxes and envelopes are made based on what our customers need. When I design table numbers I simply think of what I would have liked at my own wedding or baby shower or special event. Luckily, future brides and moms seem to enjoy them too, so I am motivated to create more designs.


 What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

The most successful moment for us so far is definitely having a customer regularly placing large orders with us. Any customer makes us happy; every return customer makes us even happier, but large sales return customers are definitely considered our biggest success.

What challenges do you face selling online?

The shipping issues are by far the greatest challenges. Shipping fees, lost packages, delays and so on. I really wish they’d invent teleportation soon so we can avoid this whole thing.


 What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

 Be patient, be available and have great photos!


Want to see more of Andreea?

Follow Andrea on Facebook

Andreea's Blog

Thanks Andreea for sharing your story and some of your lovely items with us.  Next week, we'll feature another Etsy artist.  If you would like to be considered, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Until next time...

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments: