Monday, March 16, 2015

Artist Showcase - Bellaliz Jewelry

Welcome to this week's edition of Artist Showcase where our artist is Marin of Bellaliz Jewelry.  Marin handcrafts dainty jewelry from gemstones that dazzles with beauty.  Here is one of Marin's lovely designs.


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

My name is Marin, I’m 32 years old and I have a handmade Jewelry shop named Bellaliz. I finished my first degree in communication, art and creation major in photography and then I decided to pursue my dream and handcraft my own jewelry.


How did you get your start?

Ever since I was little, I always loved handcrafting. I used to collect beads and other materials from my mother’s jewelry, and create my own with it. The idea of wearing jewelry that went through a long family line has always fascinated me. Now I handcraft dainty jewelry from sterling silver, gold filled, gemstones and other unique stones.


Where do you get your inspiration?

My inspiration comes from different eras; my everyday life, photography, art and fashion, mostly from the 50’s and the 60’s, that way I can connect between the old and the new design. Some of my inspiration comes from people needs, their questions and products they want or need.

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

It’s hard to point on just one moment, I think it's made up of many small successful ones that making me proud of my hard work. That moment that I’ve opened my store on ETSY and became a small business owner, my first sale, my first jewelry exhibition and every thank you note since then.


What challenges do you face selling online?

Target audience and reaching them this is the hardest challenge. There is a great range of products all over the internet and you have to offer something that will catch the customer eye with good photography, composition, price and variety of products.


What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Patience, this is the most important advice that I can give. It’s takes time to understand the platform.

Thank you Marin for sharing your story with us. If you would like to see more of Marin, you can follow her on Facebook.

Next week we'll feature another Etsy artist.  If you would like to be considered, please drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,

No comments: