Monday, December 29, 2014

Artist Showcase - Inbar Shahak

Todays featured artist is Inbar Shahak from Inbar Shahak. Inbar is a jewelry designer with a background in textile design.  Here is one of her lovely items:

 
How did you get your start?

I made my own wedding jewelry , I loved making the crochet needle work and I sold to some shops and friends around my home area…and that’s what I'm doing since 2006

Where do you get your inspiration?
 
From ancient crochet pattern and nature.


What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

Exhibiting in the Norton Art Museum in Florida.

Rose Gold Lace Bracelet

What challenges do you face selling online?
 
When a buyer spend their money on the internet, they really need to be able to feel the item, sometimes I get people tell me, oh it look even nicer then the photo…it's very hard to get the photos transfer the feeling and touch of the jewel. Also for a first time costumer sometimes they want to "take the risk" and try a smaller jewel before they know they can trust me and come back for the bigger ones.

Green Leaf Necklace

What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Not to give up, some people think that if they post their items it is enough , but it's like having a real store in the street, once you organize it you need to make sure people will go in, and this part takes endless work, but it's well worth it so good luck.

 
 
Thank you Inbar for sharing your lovely jewelry with us.  If you would like to see more of Inbar's designs follow her on:
 
 
 
 

 
Next week we'll select another Etsy artist to feature.  If you would like to be considered, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.
Thanks for stopping by...
Until next time,


No comments: