Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Think Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  I heard on the radio this week that 1 in 8 women will get breast cancer during her life.  I'm sure you will agree with me when I say that number is too high.  What can we do?  For starters check out National Breast Cancer Association's website for more information about how you can help. 


Last Friday, my granddaughter had to wear pink to school  in honor of National Breast Cancer month and won first place in her kindergarten class for best dressed.  What do you think?  The microphone was her prize!


Today's blog will be a tribute to pink.  Here are a few of my favorite pink things that I found on Pinterest, Zibbet, and Etsy.

No one said it better than Audrey Hepburn.  I Believe in Pink from snewberrydesigns.
 
Fashion Illustration Pink Dress by Zoia
 
House with Pink Hearts Gift Boxes by EmilyHingston
 
Pink Pearl Necklace by KoolnecksAccessories
 
Watercolor Flowers Print by OlentaWatercolor
 
Crocheted Pink Scarf by SueStitches
 
Do you remember these?  Don't they look great in pink?
 
 
 
 
and finally who wouldn't feel like a princess in this beautiful pink dress?
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my tribute to pink...

Until next time...

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: