Monday, May 4, 2015

Artist Showcase - Lida Accessories

Welcome to this week's Artist Showcase.  This week's artist is Lidia P from Lida Accessories. Lida designs crochet jewelry.  Here is one of her lovely items:


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

My name is Lidia Puica and I graduated from the University of Arts and Design in Cluj Napoca, Romania. My creative business is focused around textile jewelry. I mainly work in crochet and embroidery techniques and I like to experiment with textures and colors and integrate new materials in my work.


 How did you get your start?

After graduation I had to choose between getting a job or freelancing. I chose the later because it suited me better. I learned crocheting in my childhood, when I also started crafting. Later I realised that I can express many creative ideas through crochet, so my passion became a small business.


 Where do you get your inspiration?

I get my inspiration from my surroundings. I’m inspired by life and nature’s perfection but many times it comes from the materials which I’m about to work with.

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

My biggest success so far is being featured in Ellen Bakker’s “Textile Art around the world” book.


What challenges do you face selling online?

One of the difficulties, especially in jewelry, is that the client cannot try on a product. Many times, even though I take pictures of the product on a model or I specify the measures, there’s the risk of it not being what the client expected.

What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

One should be friendly, active and should try to integrate in the Etsy community while behaving in a responsible manner with the clients.
Long Crochet Necklace
 
Thank you Lida for sharing your story with us.  Next week we'll feature another talented Etsy artist.  If you would like to be considered, just drop Zoica or me a note via Etsy convo.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 


No comments: