Monday, February 10, 2014

Artist Showcase - Joom Design

Welcome to another edition of Artist Spotlight, our regular Monday blog.  This week’s artist is Joom Klangsin from Joom Design. Joom creates beautiful and unique pillows, tote bags, clocks and prints.  Here is one of Joom’s stunning pillows.


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.



My name is Joom Klangsin. I'm an artist and designer bases in San Francisco Bay Area, California.  Joom design is a home decor and accessories brand since 2006. I personally creates pouches, bags, pillows, prints, artworks and many more. My design concept is simple, clean, and colorful.


How did you get your start?

For a while, I'd been trying to get my work out with little success. I discovered Etsy by accident, looking for a gift for my friend. I saw some really nice works here and decided to give Etsy a try.


Where do you get your inspiration?

I get my inspiration from my surrounding.  I am especially interested in nature, music, art, and architecture.


What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

When my mini pillow was featured on the Rachael Ray Show in 2007. That was the big hit for me.  My desk calendars also have been published in the book called " Wheel of Time: Calendar Design".  Here’s the link: 

http://issuu.com/kevinchoy/docs/wheel_of_time_calendar_design_full/1

 
What challenges do you face selling online?

I still have a lot to learn in term of marketing and promotion.  Those are the biggest challenges for me.


What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Spend a bit of time learning how the site functions before you start.  Don’t give up. Enjoy!

Thank you Joom for sharing your story with us and some of your beautiful items! 

That wraps up another edition of Artist Spotlight.  We try and run this column every Monday and we’re always looking for artists to spotlight.  So if you are interested or know someone that we would enjoy reading about, please pass on the information.

Thanks for stopping by.

Until next time…

No comments: