Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Artist Spotlight

This week's featured artist is Nora from Sunchildsews.  Nora designs camera straps, peg bags, purses and other sewn things from lovely colorful fabrics.  Nora also creates unique upcycled items!  Here is one of Nora's products:



Tell us a little about you and your creative business

I love sewing practical things with a humorous twist and colorful fabrics. For example clothespin bag-Owls, funky camera-straps, waiter holsters, soft toys,..


Where do you get your inspiration?

 My inspiration comes from a sort of inner fairy tale I have, where I see lots of colors and speaking animals :o)



What are some of your biggest challenges?

The biggest challenges selling online are that the product can't be touched and to be found and seen in the world wide web..

What has been your most successful moment so far?

My biggest successful moments are if costumers give feedback and love what they bought.



Do you have any advise you can share with others?

My advice to someone just starting out on Etsy is: be active! take part in groups, create beautiful treasuries and visit "Etsy School".


Thank you Nora for sharing your story with us.  Your items are lovely and very unique.

That wraps up another Artist Showcase.  I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about how Sunchildsews got its start and seeing some of Nora's beautiful and unique pieces. 

If you would like to be considered for an upcoming feature, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 
 

No comments: