Monday, September 8, 2014

Artist Spotlight - Zillas Queen

As you know each Monday we promote a fellow Etsy artist.  Today's artist is Victoria Zilla from Zillas Queen.  Victoria specializes in statement necklaces, pins, bracelets, rings and sunglasses using vintage finds.

Here is one of Victoria's lovely items:


Tell us a little bit about your philosophy.

It's important to celebrate vintage style and play with vintage remixing! Supporting creativity and all the components gathered during the process! Working primarily with vintage components such as vintage pearls, beads, brooches & more...This is how we bring the vintage beauty out to play! We also support other artists. Supporting other artists has been such a gift and beautiful friendships have developed.


Where do you get your inspiration?

The Vintage Appeal has always inspired me, and for a while I thought I was born within the wrong era, as what I preferred was such a throw back! So I took the thought of Vintage Remixing, rolled up my sleeves, hiked up my skirt and RAN with it.....in classic Vintage Style of course ;)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/173678182/flower-brooch-crystal-necklace-in-black?ref=shop_home_active_4
What is your process for your creations?

Counselor by day, Mama & Create-tess all other times! When ZQ is beading she is in the zone! Her cat often sits beside her & shares in the process...napping all the way through ;) It's hard to put a piece down or walk away once I've started...I have the vision as soon as I see the elements layed out and I just want to see it come to life! The evolution of a piece is what's most inspiring...this process can take up to 4-5 hours at a time! All the elements just speak to me!


What advice can you share about your business and selling online?

Balance: This is the KEY, balance...still trying to navigate my way through working & building this business...it's a tricky thing! Learning better ways I go through the journey though. My roles as a counselor & designer overlap so much that sometimes it's just natural to do both! Trusting the process, learning and growing and promoting kindness is my mission and this is seen in both my "forms." Victoria Zilla is like an alter ego with a strong purpose with resonates with who I am as a person.


If you want to see more of Zillas Queen:

ZQs Facebook Page

ZQs Instagram


Thank you Victoria for sharing your inspiration with us. 

Next week we'll select another Etsy artist to spotlight.  If you are interested please contact Zoica or myself via Etsy convo.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 

No comments: