Monday, July 13, 2015

Artist Showcase - Ann Accessories Studio

Welcome to this week's Artist Showcase. This week our featured artist is Ann Netiagova from Ann Accessories Studio. Ann's beautiful accessories include diadems, tiaras, headbands, combs, hairpins, bracelets, earrings, and ring pillows.


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

Since childhood I loved to draw, to make different bracelets and necklaces, sew clothes for my dolls. After university I worked as a manager in a large company and could not think that my hobby is possible to earn a living. But all this time I wanted to be creative, and I went to take make-up courses. I started working in the fashion industry and developed an image I created for the bride: it is not only a pretty face, It is also tiaras, headbands, wedding pillows and various accessories.


How did you get your start?

One day I realized that I can leave the company, because I can do what I like; my husband and my family supported me in this. So I decided to open a store on Etsy and share my works with the world. Now I make jewelry in two directions - bridal accessories for special occasions and accessories for every day.

Where do you get your inspiration?

Nature brings me the inspiration, its beauty and the variety of colors and shapes, a combination of both I think the most ideal. I try to follow the fashion trends, so that my accessories were modern and bring joy to people. Often new ornaments ideas come to me in a dream, and then I make their sketches. I get inspired by meeting interesting people and of course, the materials for making jewelry.

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

I believe that I am still at the beginning of my way, I am always learning new and now I have so many ideas for the future. The most important thing for me - reviews of my clients, I am very happy when they like my work.


What challenges do you face selling online?

When selling on the Internet is very difficult to convey the beauty of the product and, therefore, have to work a lot of good pictures. And also a lot of time dedicated to the promotion of goods, work in social networks, it is very important to stand out among other stores.


What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

My advice - you need to be patient and always develop creatively, do not stop there, try your hand in different techniques, keep abreast of new trends. You have to believe in your dream and then success will come for sure.

Thank you Ann for sharing your story with us. Each week we feature a different Etsy artist. Interested in being featured in an upcoming blog? Just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,







No comments: