Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Artist Showcase

Welcome to this week's Artist Showcase where we feature another Etsy artist.  This week's artist is Tatin from Tatin Bags.


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

I am from Barcelona, Spain. I am a fashion designer and have worked for years as a designer women's clothing. I can remember when I was a child,  I found myself designing clothes. And now it is my job.

How did you get your start and where do you get your inspiration?
Tatin Bags started initially with the bags I made for myself, using just scraps of fabric. I'm inspired by timeless simplicity.  All my items are hand-made with love. I enjoy exploring new fabrics, new shapes and creating special bags for special people.


What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

For me the biggest success is when someone identifies with my style and  tells me that they have been looking for my bags.  That moment in which I feel I have connected with people through my bags is when I feel successful. I  am also happy that my bags can  be found not only on the internet but also in some stores. The fact that I can reach more people is a pleasure.


What challenges do you face selling online?

My goal is to satisfy the customer and that means that when someone receives a bag , the bag should be even better than the one seen in the photo.

What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Selling on Etsy is a rewarding adventure because it is a meeting place for artisans like you. To me it has helped me to be in groups to learn to collaborate. But above all I would advise staying active, making treasuries because through the treasuries you get to know other artists from around the world and you discover other exceptional works.

 

Thank  you Tatin for sharing your story with us. Next week we will select another Etsy artist to highlight.  If you would like to be considered, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 


No comments: