Monday, October 27, 2014

Artist Showcase - Kunstmuellerei

Welcome to this week's Artist Showcase.  This week our spotlight is on Sonja Zeltner-Mueller
 from Kunstmuellerei.  Sonja is an artist from Germany.  Here is one of her lovely items:

Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.
I  love to live in art and color. I have a wonderful atelier and my gallery is Kunstmuellerei in Düsseldorf in Germany.

How did you get your start?
Studied first fashion design, worked in advertising agencies, was 15 years with an artist in Germany and studied than free art and graphic design in Bochum, to get more for my own style.
 
 
Where do you get your inspiration?
The most inspiration is to start with creation, the best ideas come by doing.. But I also live in a great city with a bubbling art scene - a great art academy and a lot of galleries and museum scene - and I work in some artist groups and have my showroom here with monthly exhibitions with friends.
 

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?
there are great exhibitions, which make proud, but every time, somebody loves my artwork and send a charming note, and is happy with my art is cosmic.. Love to make happy with my work, which enjoys me by creating.
 

What challenges do you face selling online?
I started 6 years ago with a Ebay shop for art - and now also dawanda and etsy - happy to ship my art to the whole world - and my art is in places where I have never before..

What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?
See it as a interesting community - start with teams you like and treasuries - and you will find great people and charming contacts and help.. and if it runs - be happy..

 
Thank you Sonja for sharing your story with us.  If you'd like to see more of Sonja:
 
Follow her on Facebook.
 
Follow her Blog.
 
Follow Sonja on Twitter.
 
Next week we'll select another Etsy artist to feature.  If you would like to be considered, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.
 
Until next time...
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 


No comments: