Monday, March 30, 2015

Artist Showcase - Tsvitana Love

Welcome to another edition of Artist Showcase.  This week the spotlight is on Tsvitana Love, the place for children's and decorative accessories.


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

My name is Tanya Nesterova. I live in Ukraine with my husband and son. I like natural materials and I’m glad that I can use them for creating toys for children and decorative accessories. I make naturalistic fruits and vegetables, berries and mushrooms, and also rattles and balls using a crochet hook. It is so magical to create.


 How did you get your start?

I have been crocheting for 5 years already. When my son was little, I took a great interest in the crocheted rattles. I wanted to try to create something by my own. I began to make the crocheted toys for my friends’ kids. And then my friends’ friends started to ask me to crochet for them also. And that was how everything began.



Where do you get your inspiration?

The process of creating toys is my inspiration. I take yarn, hook and then I come to another dimension. It is similar to meditation. My husband is my inspiration. People who enjoy the fruits of my labor inspire me.

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

The most exciting order I filled was the huge educational set of crocheted fruits and vegetables for Gallé-Juillet museum in Creil, France. They were used for “Vegetable garden” exhibition for children of 5-10 years old.



What challenges do you face selling online?

I like selling online. I see lots of possibilities here. I believe any challenges are possible to overcome with the help of patience, kindness, and respect.  My biggest frustration is that delivery service sometimes is not as fast as it should be.

What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Sell the things you like and others will like them too. 

 
Thank you Tanya for sharing your story with us.  Next week we'll feature another Etsy artist.  If you would like to be considered, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 
 

No comments: