Monday, April 13, 2015

Artist Showcase - Micush

Welcome to another edition of Artist Showcase, where we feature a different Etsy artist every Monday.  This week's artist is Michal from Micush.  Michal creates beautiful illustrations including cell phone cases, posters, nursery prints, paper goods, home decor, textiles, and accessories.


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

My name is Michal; I'm married and a mother of 2 amazing daughters. I live and work in Israel. I have a brand, which I established around 2 years ago named "Micush" which offers various products with my original illustrations.


How did you get your start?

I have always loved to paint and illustrate, even as a kid, but I never had the chance to developed it to something more professional and eventually I turned to the graphic designer industry. Slowly the passion for illustration grew on me, and I started to combine the digital skills I acquired as a graphic designer with my love of illustration. It took me a very short time to realize that this is what I want to. I started to improve my techniques and soon after I started "Micush".


Where do you get your inspiration?

I get my inspiration mostly from the nature that surrounds us: the trees, forests, animals, landscapes, flowers and many more - as far as the eye can see. :)

"Sisters" Art Print

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

I think the biggest successful moment was when the first ever production I made (notebooks) arrived. Seeing my illustrations on an actual product for the first time was very exciting!

"Sisters On a Beautiful Spring Day" Art Print

What challenges do you face selling online?

I think the main challenges are around the visibility of my online shop and the availability around it. It is very hard to make your shop visible to people who are looking to buy something. It requires constant promotions and effort in different methods.


What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

The first advice would be to be patient. Don't be under the illusion that once you open your shop orders will flow in. It takes a lot of time and effort to start getting daily purchases. I highly recommend joining different Etsy community teams and read what the more experienced sellers say on how to improve sales. Good luck!

If you'd like to see more of Michal's work, follow her on Facebook or check out her website.

Thank you Michal for sharing your story with us.  Next week we'll feature another Etsy artist.  If you would like to be considered, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 
 

No comments: