Monday, May 25, 2015

Artist Showcase - By the Art Bug

Welcome To this week's Artist Showcase.  Our artist this week is Megha of By the Art Bug. Megha's shop is full of Hndmade Felt Plushies & Patterns, Pdf Patterns, DIYs & Craft Kits, Eco Friendly Paper Bead Jewelry, Digital Art and Typography Prints, Photography Prints, Custom Pet Portraits, Handmade Craft Supplies, Recycled Art, Posters, Felt Jewelry, Key Rings & Charms, Paper Flowers, Home Decor, Seasonal Decor & Ornaments and the list goes on...

Here is one of Megha's lovely items:


How did you get your start?

After my wedding I moved to USA with my husband. While we were in India, I was completed my PhD and taught. I always loved arts and crafts and no matter what I was doing or how busy I was I always had time for creative things! So when we moved to US it was a golden chance. I took a much needed break from academics and planned to pursue my passion as my new profession.


 Where do you get your inspiration?

I get my inspiration from little everyday things. Honestly, sometimes ideas just pop in my head while cooking, watching TV or when I am out enjoying nature!

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

Just setting up my shop was an adventure for me. I get joy with every single sale that I make, Each of my handmade goodies is special.


What challenges do you face selling online?

When we moved, I had to close my shop and it was a huge setback. It was like starting from scratch again. Advertising is also one of the challenges that I face.


What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

I would say don’t be afraid. Jump in but be ready to give 100%; be patient and you will get there. It takes a lot of time and effort but if you are ready to take the challenge no one can stop you! And of course the most important thing is to "Believe in Yourself".
If you would like to know more about Megha, check out her blog

Thanks Megha for sharing your story with us.  Next week we'll select another Etsy artist to feature.  If you would like to be considered, feel free to drop Zoica or me a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,



No comments: