Monday, June 22, 2015

Artist Showcase - Vitez Art Glass Design

Welcome to this week's Artist Showcase where each week we select a new Etsy artist.  This week our artist is Sani from VitezArtGlassDesign. Sani designs beautiful bookmarks, accessories and ceramics.


How did you get your start?

I was a big fan of arts and crafts since I was little. Having grown up and being the mother of three children and a wife to my husband doesn't leave me with a lot of free time. Not to mention the fact that I also have a regular day job. I still make enough room in my schedule for my work.
I personally make a lot of decorative jewelry, accessorize, ceramic houses, fused glass pendants and, because I love a good book and always have the same problem, beaded bookmarks!

It all started off as hobby of the intriguing sandblasting glass design technique which I started doing with my husband. Later on it became a legitimate business called VitezArt and we're very proud of our work.


Where do you find inspiration?

The inspiration for my work comes to me from the everyday life experience and loved ones. I also learn a lot from other artists right here on Etsy and I'm always surprised to see how many great artists there are and how much we can all learn from each other. The idea for the clay houses came from etsy. I saw some gorgeous little houses in pretty colors and was both inspired and impressed.


What has been your biggest success so far?

For me the biggest success was actually creating my own Etsy shop and having so many people interested in my work. Since I do everything myself, I had to start from scratch. Every step from the first idea to the publishing on Etsy. I'm still learning new things every day and I'm very pleased with my progress so far.


What has been your biggest challenge?

The biggest challenge is to stand out in a community filled with talented artists.


Any advise for someone just starting out?

Just believe in your work and don't give up on trying new things. Etsy is constantly developing and the community along with it, so it's important to stay in touch with what's going on. There's a lot of useful things to learn from other artists and plenty of friendships to be made along the way. :)
Thank you Sani for sharing your story with us.  If you want to see more of Sani's work, you can find her on:

Facebook

Pinterest

Keep

If you would like to be considered to for an upcoming Artist Showcase, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,






No comments: