Monday, June 9, 2014

Artist Showcase - Barbara Hobling of Kreative Produkte

Welcome to another edition of Artist Showcase.  This week's artist is Barbara Hobling of KreativprodukteBarbara designs handmade friendship bracelets, kumihimo bracelets, macrame jewelry, seed bead ornaments as well as original artwork. Here is one of Barbara's beautiful items:

 
Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

My name is Barbara and I am 27 years old. In my day job I work as a chemist and in my free time I´m a creative mind. I love painting, knotting and my garden and this is what I spend most of my free time with.

How did you get your start?

I started my shop almost 2 years ago (August 2012) when I was still studying at university because the products of my creativity took up more and more space in my home and there is no way I can use all of them.

Where do you get your inspiration?

Everywhere I´d say, from tutorials on the internet (Pinterest is such a great thing), from everyday situations, from other artists (I do not copy of course but change what I see to make something new from it) and many other sources. There are always tons of ideas spinning in my head.

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

When I sold 10 bracelets to one person ;-) but right after this great moment came something like "oh my God, my shop is empty now, I need to make new ones fast."

What challenges do you face selling online?

The biggest challenge I think is to show your customer how awesome your product is; good descriptions are just about as important as great photos. Right after that comes good customer service.
 
What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Prepare well!!! Stock up about 30 - 40 items prior to opening your shop (customers love choice) and read up on everything you can on marketing and SEO.

 
Thank you Barbara for sharing your lovely items with us.  If you would like to be featured in an upcoming article on our blog, please contact me or Zoica via Etsy convo.
 
Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,
 
 
 
 

No comments: