Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Artist Showcase - Red Dolly Swimwear

Welcome to another edition of Artist Showcase.  This week's artist is Heather from Red Dolly Swimwear.  Her swimwear is absolutely beautiful.   Words to describe her style include Hollywood glamour,  Hollywood classic style, retro Hollywood and pin up girls.  Her suits would  make any woman feel like a Hollywood movie star!

Here is one of Heather's beautiful designs.

 
Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.
My Name is Heather Stepanik, and I am the designer/owner of Red Dolly Swimwear. I graduated from The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in LA in 2004. I started my swimwear line in 2008, and have been growing and expanding every year since!



How did you get your start?

I started designing swimwear in 2008, when I had such a hard time finding a cute and comfortable, yet modest swimsuit! I had studied fashion Design, but never worked with swim type fabrics. I knew design basics, so I gave it a try, and loved how my first suit came out, and figured there are other women out there looking for the same thing.


Where do you get your inspiration?

I get my inspiration from classic movies, vintage pinups and models and lots of modern things as well. I do love how classic and retro styles are flattering on all shapes and sizes.

What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

I feel blessed that everyday women enjoy my swimsuits, But It was an awesome feeling when Taylor Swift's stylist ordered 6 suits for her a couple years ago!

What challenges do you face selling online?

The only challenge I would say is some women prefer trying on clothing before they purchase it. But, I always try to help girls pick the perfect style and size that would work best for them.



What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

I would say if you have an idea or passion go for it!! You will never know if it will work, or sell unless you try! I designed lots of clothing before swimwear, that was not successful. But if I didn't keep going I would have never got to where I am today! Do what you love, and never give up!!

Heather's Facebook Page

Red Dolly Website

Heather's Instagram: @RedDollySwim

Thank you Heather for sharing your story with us.  Your swimsuits are truly beautiful!

That wraps up another Artist Showcase.  If you would like to be considered for an upcoming feature, just drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...
 
Until next time,



No comments: