Monday, June 30, 2014

Artist Spotlight - Lilly Queen Vintage

Welcome to another edition of Artist Spotlight.  This week's artist is Sara from Lilly Queen Vintage.  Sara's shop contains Shabby Home Decor items which she hand painted. You will also find Vintage items, Retro Chic pieces, as well as vintage jewelry.

Here is one of Sara's beautiful items:



Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

I'm Sara, a lover of all things unique. I see the beauty in trashed, neglected and unwanted home decor. My shop gives a new life to these items for years to come!


How did you get your start?

It actually started as a way to raise some money for my sister and her then fiance. They were clearing out an old home that was left by a family member. This house, was like walking into a time capsule. I sold off vintage items and it sparked my love for recycling old things.


Where do you get your inspiration?

Cottage decor, old french shops, garden stores, unique items. I buy the things that I would want to keep in my own home. So my inspiration....is me!


What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

I have sold a vintage purse to Michael Kors, years later I saw the actual manufactured purse that they made with the inspiration from my vintage one. I also sold to the set design team of Mad Men. My purse was featured in the TV show. Recently I was also repinned by a guest pinner on Martha Stewart for my handmade Paper Dahlia Wall Flowers.

What challenges do you face selling online?
The challenge is being able to show the item in a way where my buyer can almost feel it. Online shoppers can't touch, hold, feel, smell items, so I have to do my best to give them an experience while shopping online of being in a store.


What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Photos are the most important part of selling, after that the most important is SEO. If your shop isn't working, change something, if that isn't working....change it again. Ive been on Etsy since the beginning (2005). I've changed my styles, pictures, and ways since then, up until this past year when I finally found what works.

 
Thank you Sara for sharing your story and your lovely items with us.  If you would like to be considered for an upcoming Artist Showcase, please drop Zoica or I a note via Etsy convo.
 
Until next time...
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
 

No comments: