Monday, November 3, 2014

Artist Showcase - Ceraminic

Welcome to this week's Artist Showcase.  This week's artist is Ildi from Ceraminic.  Ildi makes Christmas ornaments and little ceramic dishes to decorate your home as well as beautiful and unique ceramic jewelry.


Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

Hi, my name is Ildi. I'm a group psychotherapist and an economist, mother of 2 girls, wife of an engineer and a ceramic lover from the Netherlands.


How did you get your start?

I like to see our world in a creative way and I am very interested in most of the things that have to do with crafts. As many other girls, I learned knitting at a young age, then I started sewing clothes for my dolls, made cross stitches, tried decoupage techniques, glass and silk painting and when I learned pottery I knew it this is my destiny. 3 years ago I found Etsy homepage and started my business.


Where do you get your inspiration?

Nature is the most important for me, if we talking about inspiration. I like walking. In the forest I always see something with an interesting shape or color, as well as beautiful plants, leaves and bugs.
For my Christmas ornaments the main inspiration is my kitchen. I love cooking and baking. I often use traditional folklore and decoration motifs on my ornaments.


What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

Last year before Christmas Season I had a very successful time. I always try to find new direction, new decoration, unique thing and if other people like it and buy it, this is a very warm feeling.


What challenges do you face selling online?

Making a great photograph. This is the key selling online. It is not enough to take pictures only once, you need to follow the trends and reshoot your pictures often.


What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Online business is more complex than people think in the first time. To be creative and making things is fun but you have no guarantee other people will like them too. You need to try different items, different colors, different style and do not give up. Be trendy and unique and do not forget you have to be ready at least 3 month before season. Try to make beautiful photographs and be very helpful with your customers.

Thank you Ildi for sharing your story with us.  Next week we'll select another Etsy artist to showcase.  If you would like to be considered, please drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,

No comments: