Monday, November 10, 2014

Artist Showcase - Pillowlink

Welcome to this week's  Artist Showcase where the spotlight is on Rosita from Pillowlink. Rosita makes beautiful and decorative pillow covers and throws made from natural fabrics.

 
Tell us a little about yourself and your creative business.

I run Pillowlink full time and it is the best thing that happened to me in this life. Except my lovely husband and my sweetie daughters :) I am a photographer by graduation, but was studying sewing technique as well. I love to do creative work - I adore to plan my day on my own.

How did you get your start?

I lost my job during 2008th crisis and had to do something for living. We tried emigrate to North to earn some money for living, but it did not work for me as I found myself very nostalgic about my country. I came back from North and decided that I am pretty strong to work out some idea to earn at least for living.  I made some research and in 2011 December opened my pillows shop Pillowlink :)

Where do you get your inspiration?

I found it in many daily things. Simplicity and nature is most inspiring aspects. Also help to others are very important part of my daily work. At the moment I am helping to local artists find some way to sell their handmade items. The selling is not the main point I think - creating and making process is the engine. From it depends - will you sell or not.

 
What has been your biggest successful moment so far?

I think I am not very successful person:) I have to work a lot to get same what others get just as lottery.. So I find successful moments while working. But if I have to say - the biggest successful moment is that I found Etsy in 2008th accidently. The co-worker of husband told in "a half of lips" about some platform where you can sell handmade items.

What challenges do you face selling online?

Only good quality items can bring success, so selling online it is important to show quality of items through photos. In stores customers can touch and feel items, here they don't.
Also SEO and promoting was challenge to me. It is always big pleasure to create, but without promotion I would not sell my pillows.

What advice would you give someone just starting out on Etsy?

Be patient and work as much as you can :) If you will work couple hours a day - you will earn for coffee, if you will work 8 hours per day - you will earn for living.  At the moment there are so many information on Etsy blog, onhandmadeology.com and other websites about selling on Etsy tips. You just need to take it and understand. Of course - the main thing your handmade items! Be unique with them!
 
 
 
Thank you Rosita for sharing your story with us.  Next week we'll select another Etsy artist to showcase.  If you would like to be considered, please drop me or Zoica a note via Etsy convo.

Thanks for stopping by...

Until next time,

No comments: